Benjamin Turner has over 22 years of extensive project controls and contracts management experience, with an emphasis on financial analysis, budgeting, scheduling and progress and performance analysis/reporting.
He is a critical thinker who thrives in a detail-oriented environment contributing to high performance teams. Ben has proven success delivering high-quality projects on time and under budget in a variety of business sectors.
Ben is proficient in the applications of MS Office (advanced Excel user), Primavera P6, Oracle/SAP, Prism Classic, Prism G2 and MS Project.
- Responsible for cost tracking, forecasting and scheduling of Powder River Basin (PRB) well site facility construction builds, including accrual reporting and scenario planning.
- Performed cost tracking, change control, budgeting and scheduling on large-scale EPCM mining, water treatment, demolition, remediation, and road construction projects. Assisted with proposals, including WBS and schedule setup.
- Tracked and managed costs, budgets and schedules on consulting and engineer and larger remediation and construction management (RCM) projects. Analyzed actual versus budgeted cost and billing data, forecasted future costs and billings, tracked contract and invoice logs, and established cost and revenue reserves.
- Instituted project controls and increased efficiency of operations for a consulting and engineering firm. Reduced unbilled balance in company’s field office from $4 million to $200,000 over six months, while developing standardized processes and reports to ensure the timeliness and accuracy of future billing.
- Documented existing order management system of a recently acquired company and assisted with integration into company’s existing order management system.
- Managed cross-functional team of 20 in consolidation of the Unity legacy systems to facilitate its integration, migration, and consolidation into one easy-to-use, seamless operating support system.
- Engineered residential and commercial developments from inception to completion, including overall site grading, sewer, road and pond designs, and pad elevations.
- Managed $500 million contract with Fluor Global Services for the build-out of a fiber optic network in 14 markets throughout the western United States.
- Restructured contracts and managed a group of office engineers for a $150 million telecommunications project for the New York State Thruway Authority.