Alexandra Kay is a licensed Professional Civil Engineer with over 10 years of business development and construction management experience. As a project control specialist, she is an expert in managing the budget, costs, schedule, performing time impact analyses, and evaluating and mitigating delays for various $100+ million-dollar construction projects.
Over the years she has provided scheduling and project control consulting services for various clients helping to review, negotiate and settle construction claims representing and defending the Owner. She has also created and maintained numerous Baseline schedules for various design and construction projects for roadway, bridge, water treatment plants, sewer pumping stations, and railroad facilities.
- Served as CEI Project Administrator on a CFX $106+ million interchange improvements project in Florida. Assisted in all phases of construction project and monitored construction progress by supervising field inspection personnel. Managed and administered contract, facilitated resolution of construction issues by coordinating with the client, contractor and other stakeholders.
- Worked as contract support specialist on a $97 million project to widen a four-mile section of Florida Turnpike. Reviewed contractor’s extra work cost proposals for entitlement and accuracy. Monitored construction progress by reviewing the contractor’s monthly schedule updates and identifying potential delays to provide the owners with suggested response for each update to mitigate the delay. Prepared and tracked supplemental agreements, work and change orders, and provided the owner with the monthly contract status updates.
- Served as CSS associate, responsible for maintenance and tracking project records and correspondence for a $56.5 million expressway widening project in Florida. Responsibilities also included compilation of monthly and final pay estimate packages and stockpile material requests; monitoring project quantities, and management of various daily records and inspection documentation.
- Served as scheduler and project engineer on a $1.7 million project for mechanical, electrical, and structural improvements at a sewage pumping station in Maryland. Responsible for maintenance of Primavera P6 master schedules, monthly updates coordination and review. Performed time impact analysis and delay mitigation. Participated in claim review, preparation, settlement and negotiations.
- Project engineer and scheduler for a $7.2 million project for a sewer pumping station upgrade in Maryland. Performed review of contractor’s monthly schedule updates and time impact analysis of construction claims for time extensions. Identified discrepancies in logic, actual progress, and potential delays, and prepared recommendation letters to owner as to the suggested response for each delay.
- Worked on a $4.5 million project for improvements to a pump station in Maryland. Performed review of contractor’s monthly schedule updates and time impact analysis of construction claims for time extensions. Reviewed schedules for adherence to project plans and specifications. Prepared reports notifying the owner of potential project issues to time and cost.