Alexander Kuestermann has over 4 years of experience in the construction and engineering industries. He has provided expert services involving litigation support, cost analysis, change orders, contract disputes, investigations, dispute resolution, and productivity analysis. Alex has experience working with government entities and in the public and private sectors.
Alex has assisted clients with projects including manufacturing facilities, ports, trains, resorts, oil & gas refineries, airport, telecommunication networks, among others. These projects are in Mexico, Peru, Central America, Trinidad & Tobago, Jamaica, Bahrain, and Colombia.
- Assisted in executing independent expert reports related to damages for 8+ construction disputes under ICSID rules for projects including a metro train, hotel resorts, oil & gas refineries, airport, telecommunication networks in LATAM region.
- Performed expert cost, quantum, and productivity analysis to identify delays that occurred, inefficiencies, accelerations efforts and other labor-related metrics to provide an explanation for the causation and effects on several delay events and associated costs incurred.
- Coking Plant, Refinery in Mexico –Assisted in an International Arbitration (ICC) case in the economic quantification due to the losses suffered by the contractor due to the disruptions caused during the execution of the project.
- Refinery Modernization (Peru) -Participated in the preparation of an independent expert report on the economic damages caused in the Modernization project of a Refinery in Peru for a Spanish multinational company specialized in engineering and construction of infrastructures for the oil and gas sector.
- Remodeling of the resort hotel (Jamaica)- Analyzed the contractual requirements of the project in terms of scope, time, costs, quality, review and analysis of the work breakdown structure (WBS), activities, work packages and deliverables, actual duration of the activities, precedents and identification of critical and subcritical paths. of the project. Assisted in reviewing P6 schedules as planned and as built for a hotel in Jamaica that included the refurbishment of the resort’s signature restaurant; Golf course maintenance facilities and irrigation works; construction of new service area facilities: back of house; and the Oleander project.
- Transport and Access Telecommunications Networks (Peru)- Supported the development of an independent expert report and reviewed the economic proposal submitted by the Contractor for transportation and access networks for the subregion of Cajamarca and Tumbes-Piura, Peru.
- Topside LNG Regasification Module (Bahrain)- Assisted in the preparation of an independent report based on BRG’s evaluation of hundreds of change orders to quantify the impact of change orders and determine the total cost to which the subcontractor is entitled.