Ahmed El Kharbotly has more than seven years of experience as a consultant working on construction projects in excess of $5 billion dollars. His background encompasses several sectors of the construction industry including, EPC heavy industrial projects, large scale commercial & multifamily developments and tenant improvement projects. During his tenure, Ahmed has held key roles and responsibilities covering claims management, contracts management, project controls, scheduling, project engineering, commissioning, quality control/assurance and field supervision.
Ahmed’s core competencies include project management, change management, claims management, cost management, earned value management, and project development and planning.
Ahmed is proficient with the following software: Primavera P6, MS Project, ASTA Powerproject, Prolog, Procore, Aconex, Navisworks, Tekla, AutoCAD, Revit, @Risk and ARGUS.
- Planning engineer for largest methanol plant in the US worth $1.8 billion. Analyzed subcontractor’s weekly schedules and updated master construction project schedule. Analyzed sub-contractor’s productivity rates, utilizing earned value techniques, and developed forecast completion dates based on resources available and remaining work fronts.
- Rebutted construction sub-contractor’s delay claims, debunking $32.3 million in claims.
- Issued counter claims against EP contractors pertaining to delays in engineering deliverables. Resulted in recovering $4.5 million.
- Commissioning engineer for a 2200 MTPD ammonia-based fertilizer plant worth $2.8 billion.
- Co-managed 250-man cross-cultural commissioning team in developing and implementing start-up procedures. Evaluated completed work prior to handover to client; approved final invoices and change orders.
- Developed construction process specifications and quality programs for civil and structural scopes on Heavy Industrial Mega Projects.
- Co-managed 90-man concrete and rebar crews and 50-man steel erection crews, successfully completed pouring 30K cubic yards of foundation and 8K tons of steel for contract amount worth $70 million and Lead the client handover efforts.
- Senior project engineer for large scale multifamily/commercial developments in Denver and Fort Collins, CO. Performed sub-contractor buyout and awards, approval of change orders and invoicing on scope of work. Developed construction schedule for estimation team on new project, awarded $180 million in projects.
- Conducted constructability reviews and optimized the requirements of both architects and contractors. Managed the final phase of apartment units completion and turnover of units to client.