Ahmed El Kharbotly has almost a decade of experience working on projects in excess of $5 billion dollars. His background encompasses several sectors of the construction industry including, EPC heavy industrial, Renewable Energy (Solar and Wind), Nuclear Power Plants, Infrastructure, large scale commercial & Multifamily developments and Tenant Improvement projects.
During his tenure, he has held key roles and responsibilities covering claims management, contracts management, project controls, scheduling, project engineering, commissioning, quality control/assurance and field supervision. His core competencies include project management, change management, claims management, cost management, earned value management, and project development and planning.
- Performed Delay Analysis, developed Expert Reports and provided trial support for ICC DAB related to 300 MW Wind Farm project in Latin America.
- Performed Delay Analysis and developed Claims for two solar farms in Western United States (300 MV and 150 MW Capacity) and on Solar farm in Mid-Western United States (20 MW Capacity).
- Performed Delay Analysis for COVID-19 and Weather-related claims for Wind Farm in California.
- Performed Delay Analysis for Weather related claims for two Wind Farms in Texas (250 MW and 200 MW Capacity).
- Performed Quantum Assessment of COVID-19 related subcontractor claims for a large oil refinery project in the Middle East.
- Performed Delay Analysis on a FHWA highway project in the Colorado.
- Developed the Basis of Causation and Expert Report for Nuclear Power Plant in North America.
- Performed Constructability Assessment of structural steel Canopy project in the DC Metro Area.
- Planning engineer for largest methanol plant in the US worth $1.8 billion. Analyzed subcontractor’s weekly schedules and updated master construction project schedule. Analyzed sub-contractor’s productivity rates, utilizing earned value techniques, and developed forecast completion dates based on resources available and remaining work fronts.
- Rebutted construction sub-contractor’s delay claims, debunking $32.3 million in claims.
- Issued counter claims against EP contractors pertaining to delays in engineering deliverables. Resulted in recovering $4.5 million.
- Commissioning engineer for a 2200 MTPD ammonia-based fertilizer plant worth $2.8 billion.
- Co-managed 250-man cross-cultural commissioning team in developing and implementing start-up procedures. Evaluated completed work prior to handover to client; approved final invoices and change orders.
- Developed construction process specifications and quality programs for civil and structural scopes on Heavy Industrial Mega Projects.
- Co-managed 90-man concrete and rebar crews and 50-man steel erection crews, successfully completed pouring 30K cubic yards of foundation and 8K tons of steel for contract amount worth $70 million and Lead the client handover efforts.
- Senior project engineer for large scale multifamily/commercial developments in Denver and Fort Collins, CO. Performed sub-contractor buyout and awards, approval of change orders and invoicing on scope of work. Developed construction schedule for estimation team on new project, awarded $180 million in projects.
- Conducted constructability reviews and optimized the requirements of both architects and contractors. Managed the final phase of apartment units completion and turnover of units to client.