Delta Consulting Group
Delta is looking for professionals from various disciplines with 5-9 years of experience in construction or related industry. This position works closely with our team of 60+ construction experts on various jobs.
This role will involve working on numerous Projects providing commercial support from tendering, bidding or delivering a project. They will deliver an effective teamwork relationship internally and liaise directly with, Clients, Engineers, Project Managers and subcontractors and their legal teams.
A vibrant individual is required who is naturally enthusiastic and keen to work collaboratively in a team environment. The role requires a confident candidate who has a desire to develop and grow as an individual within a growing company.
Delta prides themselves in creating a diverse, rapid learning environment for growth and advancement.
- Bachelor’s degree in quantity surveying, engineering, construction management or related field
- 5+ years of experience in construction or related industry
- Ideally be RICS and/or CIOB accredited.
- Strong communications skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively with colleagues.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once, and re-prioritised deadlines in a changing environment.
- Proven capability with MS Office (capability with construction specific software such as Primavera, MS Project, Bluebeam, Power BI, and Tableau a plus)
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Helping determine the client’s requirements and undertaking feasibility studies.
- Benchmarking requirements against similar projects.
- Assessing and comparing options.
- Helping define the project budget.
- Checking developing designs against the project budget.
- Assessing value for money.
- Attend weekly/ monthly progress meetings with above disciplines.
- Checking designs meet legal and quality standards.
- Undertaking risk management and value management exercises.
- Preparing cost plans, estimates and cash flow projections.
- Lead on procurement strategy.
- Lead on tender packaging.
- Site measurement/ remeasurement.
- Material scheduling and purchase/ Plant hire
- Preparing pricing schedules.
- Produce tender pricing documents.
- Collating and issuing tender documentation.
- Completing tender analyses.
- Estimating the cost of variations.
- Ensure projects are delivered in accordance with the contract.
- Achieve an efficient and timely response to resolving disputes/ variations (JCT & NEC).
- Produce valuation statements for interim certificates; accurately value the subcontractor works in accordance with the conditions of their contract.
- Carry out valuations of claims.
- Preparing regular cost reports, including out-turn cost and cash flow.
- Completing the final account.
- Effectively manage and supervise the commercial team as required by the project.
- Excellent organisation and time management to allow the management of multiple projects, cases and personnel.
Delta Consulting Group is a dynamic team of professionals who value and share our company’s commitment to professional excellence, collegiality, and making the difference for our clients. We nurture an environment that fosters maximum creativity and quality performance from each team member. Unlike other firms, our 60+ experts usually work from the beginning of a project to the end, which allows our employees to consistently learn from our senior experts. We take great pride in our core value: Creating ‘fertile ground’ for growth.
Delta Consulting Group provides independent advice and expert witness testimony including:
- Quantum of Damages
- Schedule and Delay
- Loss of Productivity
- Forensic Accounting
- Commercial Damages
- Project Advisory
Delta is proud to be 100% employee owned through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
Delta Consulting Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.